Friday, July 17, 2009

Frogs and storms...

It was to be expected with all the wet weather we've been having here in the Northeast this "summer" (if you want to call it that- hasn't felt like it, that's for sure!!). The frogs hit my Cirque de Carreaux last night. I was just about complete with the first of the "larger" squares and I realized the stitching inside wasn't balanced...I counted, recounted and counted again and realized I miscounted at the top (where I started the inside design) and everything was dropped by one stitch...so a frogging I went...

The nice thing is that Tracy at Ink Circles took a look at my blog (I messaged her at Facebook about finishing BFG) and she noted back to me that it looked like the count was off on Carreaux (THANK YOU AGAIN Tracy!!).


As you can see, I finished frogging and I've now restitched the frog area as well as got more done too...major thunderstorms will help with that...couldn't sleep last night with the storm that was literally in our backyard (I think one lightening strike hit a tree in the gulley next to our house)...

I feel fairly positive I'll get an even bigger piece of it done today with son's swimming lessons and then the after lessons swimming with both of the kids...

4 comments:

Sadie said...

This is such a lovely design, glad you are back on track with the counting.

Ellen said...

Congrats on the finish of Blackstone Fantasy Garden, it's gorgeous. Love your new project too. I have just started to stitch over 1 and am liking it very much. It is so delicate and petite.

Hugs,

Cyn said...

Hi Jackie,

Looks great!

We've been having storms here today but most went just north of us. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry about the frogging, but it looks great!