Friday, May 1, 2009

Two Finishes

One stitching finish and the floor is finished...

The kids arrived home on Tuesday evening from Disney World. They had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and all (including G&G) were exhausted.

The Floor project was complete on Tuesday morning and major part of the furniture was moved back in then.


I'm quite happy with the results I got...some spots need some further work but with two active kids and a dog and a cat, I'm sure I'll be "redoing" this floor again before the end of their stay (the kids) in this house...

My other finish is the Alphabet Quaker block from the Stitch Creations blog...



I'm also quite happy with how this came out and have my son finding out his teacher's favorite color and probably going to make one of these into a keychain for her for the end of school.

Off to finish reloading all of the stuff into the dining room, the hutch is still empty, etc...have a wonderful weekend everyone.

I hope to have an update on rosebud wreath and Blackstone Fantasy garden early next week.

10 comments:

Terry said...

The floor looks great and I love the blue you have on the walls!

Your cube looks great too. Was it easy to put together?

Mel said...

The floor looks terrific!!
And the square is brilliant as well. (I would be so worried about counting wrong and then putting together something so elaborate!)

Jane said...

Great finishes, the stitching and the floor

Milly~ said...

Your Alphabet Quaker block is lovely! Love the floor too.

Anonymous said...

WOW, looks like DH did a great job of staying out of your way.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Stitching and the floor look great!

Jennifer Blake said...

Your block is great and your floor looks fabulous.

Eliza said...

The block is so cute!
LOVE the floor!
I know the HARD work that goes into it! I did my floor once upon a time. On a Forth of July weekend. Boy was it hot!

By the way, I emailed you about your BFG. I ordered my own chart. And wanted ask you a few things it...

thanks~
Eliza

Shelley - Monopoly said...

Congrats on the floor, looks great!! Your quaker cube is adorable.

Geneva Duck said...

Wow.Looks great.If you still have extra growth ring yet.email me please. i would like to buy it from you.
Hugs,
Geneva