Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring has Sprung in CT?!?!?!



This photo shows what it looked like out our front window after last Monday's storm.

And here are my kids this morning!!



They are crazy but they are mine!!



Facial anyone???




Yes, they went out with boots on!! I blame this on my dh's family, none of them like wearing shoes either!! LOL


Yesterday the temperature hit about 65º and today at 11:40am(EDST) it is already 67º. Of course the weathermen are saying we are supposed to be cloudy and only get as warm as 57º and I just told you what my thermometer is reading and it is BRIGHT and SUNNY!!!

My children are loving this weather, can you tell...

I also have a stitching update for this blog!! I have finished filling in the knots on Blackstone Fantasy Garden and started doing the "black work"...I'm not doing it as proper black work in that I was trying but got so totally lost and confused and it looked so horrible that I pulled it out and I'm doing it now as backstitching...


I'm loving the way it is coming out and am so excited about this piece...I even showed it to my sil who isn't crafty at all (and I mean she doesn't even OWN a needle- she gives me all of her clothes to be mended- hemmed, buttons, etc- because she can't handle it!!) and she loves it and was even hinting that it would be a lovely house warming gift (she and her dh are looking to buy a house)...

And here is a little bit of the blackwork I've done so far...



Thanks for looking and see you soon...

10 comments:

Sadie said...

Love the pics of your kids! That is just the kind of thing mine would do!
Oh do i see blackwork?
It looks great.I am thinking that I may have to add this pattern to my wishlist.

Mary's Stitching World said...

Looks so nice i luv this design ,, mary

Pike said...

Wow, the design looks great! And your kids were having some real fun!!!

EvalinaMaria said...

Definitely, they are having fun! Good luck with the laundry...

Mary's Stitching World said...

write me at xlovinyou224x@yahoo.com .would like to chat about trading ,possibilities ,mary

Jane said...

We've had sun, rain, snow and high winds today. Don't know what we will get next. The stitching is lovely, great having small areas to work

Carol said...

I've been following your progress. It looks gorgeous and I love the choice you made for the "blackwork".

Can I send my kids to your house to play in the mud :)

Beth said...

Looks awesome so far! I love the blackwork. I guess since I have never done blackwork before, I wouldn't have even known that oyu don't do it like backstitching. I suppose I should read more about blackwork so I understand it. Looks fabulous!

Eliza said...

I have been keeping progress on you and this design and all I can say is

WOW! I just love it and how your stitching it up! eliza

Fatema ( SL ) said...

Congrats on finishing BOINK.
It looks really nice framed.
BFG is also coming along really nicely..I like blackwork.
You have great kids.
Here it is 27C.