Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cirque de Carreaux

I decided today after doing my community college application that I deserved to "treat" myself. So instead of pulling a project out of the back of the MIA WIP pile I'd work on Cirque de Carreaux from Ink Circles.

Back in May I played with it a little bit when I was getting ready to go on my crazy adventure to Indiana (remember "to Indiana and back in 3 days or less"???)... At that time I had decided to try and do this project over one (my first try at working over 1 and only my third project on some other evenweave other than aida).


This is a picture of what I had "accomplished" on it at that time.

I still haven't dealt with the edges of the fabric but here is what I accomplished on it today while my son had swimming lessons, waited for the nurse practioner to give me my MMR vaccine and then waiting for my daughter at the library while she was involved with a program there.


Not bad progress if I do say so myself!! The blue in this lower right corner is truer to the actual color of the fabric.


Here is what it will look like when complete.

I'm doing mine on 32ct wedgewood blue lugana with 4240 DMC variations floss...

3 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Nice progress on this - kudos to you for starting something you wanted to do!

5 Foot Runt said...

Very nice :0). I really like the color of the floss it really comes out on that fabric.

Robyn in Oz said...

You've chosen the best colours for fabric & thread. Sure it's going to look good!